Register. Cook. Win.
- This competition is for amateur chefs only; i.e. persons who have not graduated from culinary schools and individuals who do not own restaurants, or work as a chef for a living. Must be 18 years old by May 12, 2012 to participate.
- Pre-registration is required. Each contestant can only submit one dish. Registration deadline is April 28, 2012. You must declare your prepared dish in one of the four categories: Appetizer, Main Dish, Side Dish, or Dessert.
- Email your original recipe to email@example.com by 10:00 pm, May 11, 2012 (the night before the contest.) No Secret Family Recipes! You will receive a reminder email the week before your recipe is due. Failure to submit your recipe will disqualify your dish. Your recipe must include:
- Your full name.
- The category your dish is entered into; appetizer, main dish, side dish, or dessert.
- A complete list of ingredients (please see rule #7)
- Assembly instructions.
4. The Feud consists of two concurrent contests, each with prizes:
Taster’s Choice Contest: You and the other participants in your chosen category (appetizer, main dish, side dish, or dessert) will determine the Taster’s Choice Winner of your category through anonymous ballot. After plating your entry for the Professional Portion, the remainder of your prepared dish will be sampled by other Feud participants. In reference to quantity, bring what you would to a large potluck.
- While the votes are being tallied, you, your friends, family and other Gygi shoppers can sample your creations until the awards ceremony. Plates and forks will be provided.
- It is your responsibility to keep warm foods warm and cold foods cold. You will not have access to outlets. Please consider your individual needs for the transport and staging of your dish (Bunsen burners or ice are suggestions.)
- Due to the cultural climate of the region, do not use coffee, tea or alcohol in your dish.